Monday, November 29, 2004

FILM: Adaptation (2002)

I don't have much to say except that it's weirdly brilliant. Charlie Kaufman (the guy who wrote it) is a genius. Nicholas Cage was born to play Charlie Kaufman and his twin, Donald. He's really good at playing geeky, loser types. However, the guy who stole the show was Chris Cooper who plays John Laroche, an orchid poacher. I've been intrigued by Chris ever since I saw him for the first time in October Sky (another great movie, by the way). I'm glad he's finally getting the recognition that's been long overdue. I think Adaptation will do for Chris what The Fugitive did for Tommy Lee Jones. And this movie has one of the most satisfying endings I've seen in a very long time. I'm just in love with how it ends. Charlie is a genius I tell you!

::5 stars::