Tuesday, November 30, 2004

BOOK: Our Town by Thornton Wilder

Brilliant. That's all I can say about Thornton Wilder's Pulitzer Prize-winning play, Our Town. Just brilliant.

It's been more than a year since the last time I saw a play being performed on stage. Since I can't go watch a play I thought I might as well just read them, which I haven't done since high school.

After reading Our Town, it's become the measuring stick by which I will judge all other plays I encounter. That's how awesome I think it is. You must read it. All I will say is that it's a three-act play that depicts a small town in America at the turn of the century (not this one obviously). It focuses on two families. The last act especially blew my mind away.

I would love to see this play being performed live. Maybe it'll come around L.A. sometime soon.


::5 stars::