Tuesday, November 30, 2004

MUSIC: Heather Headley

Don't you just love it when you discover a new artist? This time, it's R&B/Soul singer Heather Headley. She performed this beeeeeeeeeeeautiful song on The Isaac Mizrahi Show called "If It Wasn't For Your Love" (I think that's the title). She said it's a song she likes to sing for her mom or God. I just love the lyrics to the song. And the piano arrangement of course was beautiful as well. To me, encountering a super great song for the first time is one of the greatest priveleges - it's like coming upon a treasure chest unexpectedly.

"If It Wasn't For Your Love" is one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard. I was so moved by it because it's such a spiritual song and the lyrics capture what God has done for me.

Furthermore, I love Heather's voice. It's crystal clear, pretty, and full of emotion. She performed in two Broadway musicals, The Lion King and Aida. So it's no doubt she's super-talented. She even won a Tony Award!

She released her first solo album last year This Is Who I Am. It's definitely going on my Christmas wishlist this year.