Monday, November 29, 2004

MUSIC: Steve Reynolds

It's always exciting and refreshing to discover a new talented singer whose music is so satisfying. This time I was introduced to singer/songwriter Steve Reynolds when I happened to tune in to a live set he did on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic a few days ago. As I was listening, I thought, Hey! This guy sounds like Ryan Adams but a hundred times better. His music has more depth. The music is mellow and hauntingly beautiful. And not overly emotional. More on the wistful side.

As I was doing more research on Steve I found out that he's from Vancouver! Ha! I knew it! All good things come from Vancouver.
I'm glad that I happened to run into his music. How serendipitous!

You can listen to his live performance by clicking on the MBE link above. He self-released his first album "Exile" this year.

::4 stars::