Thursday, December 02, 2004

EAT: Bossa Nova

Do yourself a big favor and get on over to Bossa Nova. Quick!


This Brazillian restaurant boasts of a huge menu, offering a wide selection of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pizzas, pastas, and items from the grill. And it's all pretty affordable - nearly everything is under $10.


I ordered a grilled vegetables platter that came with rice and beans, salsa, and fried plantains. I especially relished the rice and beans. My friend got a salmon platter from the grill which he seemed to enjoy.


My sister has gone there quite a number of times as well (and failed to let me know about it!), and she raves about some egg sandwich she orders all the time.


Bossa Nova is a cute little place that offers indoor and outdoor dining. I even saw one person smoking, so I guess this place is one of the few smoker-friendly eating establishments in L.A.


Pros: it's open until 4 a.m.!
Cons: valet parking only ($4) or street parking, if you're lucky.

7181 Sunset Blvd. (west of La Brea)
Los Angeles, CA 90046
323-436-7999

::4 stars::